Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Essex (or surrounding areas)
Industry: Medical device (Imaging)
Salary: Highly competitive basic salary, (depending on experience), fantastic bonus structure Company car, laptop, mobile phone, iPad, Pension, healthcare
We are currently partnering with a medical imaging global leader and are looking a System Engineer with a passion for IT and the appropriate skills. My client strives to make a real difference in everything they do, and it is therefore important that we hire someone who will fit into their team. As a System Engineer you will work in the Essex area in close cooperation with our customers.
In this position, you will:
- Administrate the company IT infrastructure (network, server and clients).
- Install, configure and commission our solutions.
- Perform regular security monitoring.
- Repair and recover hardware and software failures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Write and maintain all project documentation owned by the deployment engineer.
- Interface with third-party suppliers and sub-contractors to facilitate the deployment of hardware and software solutions.
- Escalate, own, and remain focused on driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and team members, using highly effective communication skills.
- Independently provide and implement off and on-site support for integration of our solution in customer environments, working closely with customer IT organizations.
- May be asked to periodically travel to the corporate headquarters or to attend company functions requiring overnight stay, sometimes for multiple, subsequent days. This may include, but is not limited to, corporate meetings, training, and customer installations/site work. Any expenses incurred are covered by the company
- Provide on-site support in critical customer situations, as determined by the manager.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- A master’s, bachelor’s or equivalent degree in computer engineering or equivalent with a strong academic performance.
- Fluency in English.
- A genuine interest in IT and ability and willingness to learn more.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as needed (up to 50% depending on business needs).
- As a person, you are a strategic doer, driven by a will to succeed with our targets and to make an impact.
- Strong organizational, social and communication skills.
- Have experience with Windows, clustering.
- Have experience in computer networks, server hardware, software environments, operating systems or programming or scripting tools.
- Have experience deploying VMWARE products including SRM.
- Have experience deploying storage technologies (HPE 3Par and StoreEasy, EMC, Isilon and VNX.
- Have good "real world" experience of administrating a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Practical experience in Microsoft OS 2008R2 and above, SQL 2008R2 and above.
For more information about the role call me Catherine Campbell for a confidential chat on 0203 8000 512 or email me on Catherine@projectusconsulting.com today.
Projectus are the world leader in medical technology talent management.
Our sole mission is to connect medical technology companies with the best industry professionals across the globe. We place people across the full medical device spectrum including R&D, Regulatory, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Clinical and Service.
For all our services visit www.projectusconsulting.com and discover more ways that we can help you.