R&D Project Manager
A highly attractive opportunity to join a fast-growing medical device company active in one of the most promising fields of medicine in a very collaborative atmosphere in an open-minded environment
Responsible for research and development projects undertaken, with responsibility for planning and managing resources (people and budget) to achieve project deliverables.
Job description and person specification
- To manage R&D projects in compliance with approved procedures and in adherence to the company’s design control procedures which have been developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 13485:2016, Medical Device Directives and FDA 21 CFR 820.
- Develop, initiate, execute and control project plans with cross-functional team input.
- Identify, mitigate and communicate project schedule and technical risks
- Build team ownership and commitment for the project.
- To ensure that satisfactory standards of quality of design are achieved for all products.
- To ensure all project team members are aware of the company’s quality policy, quality manual and procedures in relation to how they impact on the design and development of devices.
- To identify and prioritise policies and objectives necessary to achieve and maintain design innovation and quality.
- Communicate and influence the resolution of cross-functional team issues.
- Provide input to functional managers on team and team member performance.
- Lead and support improvements to the project management infrastructure by implementing best practices, tools and techniques.
Education & Training
Degree level qualification in engineering or a strongly related field.
Professional Project Management certification desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 5 years’ project management experience in the area of medical devices, ideally within R&D/Product Development.
- Experience of ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Quality management system experience.
- CAPA experience.
- Risk Management (including FMECA).
Contact in confidence: +442038000513 or John@projectusconsulting.com