Job title: Head of Studies/Market development specialist
Position type: incremental, full time, unlimited working contract
Location: Munich or surrounding areas in Germany
Salary range: All depending on experience however a basic salary of anywhere up to €135k should the right candidate be successful
Team size: at first 0, but a small team will be built
Languages: fluency in German and English (at least C1 level)
My client is a young and innovative software company that is helping cancer patients to get better access to care. They have developed a smart cloud-based mobile service for oncology care navigation, designed to capture patient-reported outcomes. The team has a compelling mix of technology, design, and medical expertise. They are supported by experienced venture capital investors, medical advisors, and healthcare industry influencers.
This is a unique opportunity if you are looking for a strong purpose in your professional life in shaping the future of cancer care!
Experience: The perfect candidate must have at least 7 years’ experience in the following:
- Study management of observational, non-interventional, Ph4, real-world-evidence (RWE) studies
- CRO (Contract research organization) experience working for Pharma companies
- Experience with patient-reported outcomes (PROs)
- Therapeutic area focus: oncology preferred
- Bachelor´s or master’s degree from a relevant field (e.g., Life Sciences)
- Experience in study management and execution from CRO or university research setting (e.g., social sciences, psychology, population/ behavioural studies)
- Experience in managing Phase IV, observational, RWE studies across multiple sites and geographies, liaising with study nurses/ CRAs
- Experience in oncology preferred and in managing data abstraction process from EMR and other databases within provider’s structure
- Have a track record in achieving high data collection compliance and quality levels as well as experience in data collection interface and data validation system design
- Be an enthusiastic and energetic person with proven ability to meet and exceed targets as well as excellent verbal and written communication with presentation skills
- You will be responsible for leading the European Pharma real-world evidence (RWE) study partnerships. You are co-developing RWE study designs with Pharma clients, lead data collection interface and data validation system design.
- Following study launch you take full ownership of data collection to deliver highest quality RWE data to Pharma clients.
- You will be keen to disrupt and innovate the way real-world data is collected with digital technology and to drive the role of patient-reported outcomes (PROs) in cancer research.
What you will be responsible for:
- Taking full ownership of data collection and data quality, including PRO data collection via the company platform and chart abstraction via study nurses/ CRAs
- Coordinate study nurses/ CRAs at the sites and liaise with the company implementation specialists in follow-ups
- Leading data collection interface and data validation system design, informed by study protocol, in close alignment with database/ CTMS responsible in product team
- Establishing relationships with Pharma clients’ Medical lead and clinics’ lead investigators
- Innovating how RWE studies are conducted and data is collected
Deadline: Wednesday 13th Feb