Besi is engaged in one line of business: the development, manufacturing, marketing, sales and service of semiconductor assembly equipment for the global semiconductor and electronics industries.
Besi's customers are primarily leading multinational chip manufacturers, assembly subcontractors and electronics and industrial companies. Customers are either independent device manufacturers (IDMs) which purchase Besi's equipment for internal use at their production facilities or subcontractors which purchase Besi's equipment to assemble packages for third parties on a contract basis. Besi's equipment performs critical functions in customers' assembly operations and in many cases represents a significant percentage of their installed base of assembly equipment.
Besi is a global company with headquarters in Duiven, the Netherlands. It operates seven facilities in Asia and Europe for production and development activities, as well as nine sales and service offices across Europe, Asia and North America. End 2020 Besi employed a total staff of 1,618 fixed and temporary personnel of whom approximately 68% were based in Asia and 32% were based in Europe and North America.
Stock market listings
Besi was incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands in May 1995 and had an initial public offering in December 1995. Besi's Ordinary Shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (symbol: BESI) and are included in the AEX Index. Besi's level 1 ADRs trade on the OTC markets (symbol: BESIY Nasdaq International Designation). Besi also has three issues of Senior Unsecured Convertible Notes outstanding which are listed on the Deutsche Börse's Freiverkehr market.
(Senior) Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer (m/f/d)
Exciting fields of activity, unimagined perspectives and in daily contact with the whole world.
To strengthen our Data Science team, we are looking for a (Senior) Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer (m/f/d)
- Advancing Besi’s Machine-Learning initiatives, by architecting/building, training, verifying CNN models for vision inspection as well as other Die Bonder machine features
- Building / developing / advancing our ground truth/data pipeline
- for the training, verification and performance qualification
- Deploying ML/DL models into existing production C++ machine vision software.
- Collaborating with other R&D colleagues from Data Engineering, Vision Hardware, Application Software and Process Engineering
- Close collaboration and alignment with stakeholders in Product
- Marketing to define, support and advance DL-based machine
- vision as well as other machine features
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Robotics or similar
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the field of Computer Vision,
- especially using modern Machine- and Deep-Learning methods and architecting Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Experience using ML/DL software libraries like TensorFlow (or
- PyTorch), where knowledge about bringing ML/DL into production using TensorFlow NVIDIA GPU support advantageous.
- Strong/Solid Python programming skills, with good software engineering principles, and interest in writing clean maintainable code and unit tests.
- Experience programming in C++ advantageous
- Experience with ground truth pipelines using cloud services like
- AWS SageMaker Ground Truth or similar
- Strong communication skills across different cultures and hierarchical levels, with good English.