About the role
We are looking for a Data engineer to join a company commitment to improving the quality of care for patients in he US. In this role, you will join their growing Engineering organization and work with data systems and pipelines that serve their customers and providers, as well as internal teams like Sales, Operations, Provider Partnerships, Data Science, and AI.
You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining the data systems, pipelines, and infrastructure supporting key workflows and functions across the company -- from operations to provider data management to business intelligence and data analytics.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the data platform, you will be responsible for making key design decisions, evaluating which data technologies and tools to use, and implementing large and complex features. You will work closely with others in planning and delivery of features. You will also mentor and provide feedback to other data engineers on the team and evangelize best practices.
You will be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and other teams across the company to understand and support business needs.
- Use your knowledge and experience with different data technologies to help us choose the right tool for each job (and to help us switch to better tools where appropriate).
- Build reliable, performant, maintainable, secure systems and pipelines which can scale to the needs of our business.
- Transform complex (and sometimes messy) data from disparate sources into clean, coherent data sets for consumers.
- Expose data interfaces to customers, providers, and internal teams.
- Mentor other engineers by reviewing work, providing feedback, and evangelizing best practices.
- Play a key role in recruiting and scaling the data-focused team and platform.
- BS in computer science or related technical field (or relevant experience)
- 3+ years of professional experience with building data platforms and/or ETL pipelines
- Deep familiarity with the landscape of data technologies (tools for ingestion, processing, storage, etc.)
- Comfort working with Unix-based environments and the command-line
- Comfort with containers
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Airflow or Luigi
- Experience with SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with AWS
- You are passionate about using your skills in software and data to help improve quality of care for patients across the country. You strive to deliver high quality work, and have great attention to detail.
- You are an excellent communicator and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working at a health-tech company or with healthcare data is a plus.