QA Engineer (Mid/Senior)
As a member of the QA team, you are responsible for the continuous improvement of Integration and Unit Testing processes, to assure the delivery quality of tiko products and services effectively and efficiently. Together with your colleagues, you will be in charge of Test Management and Test Automation, including Hardware/Firmware Device Testing, System End to End Testing, the maintenance and expansion of the Testing and Staging Environment. Your emphasis will be on Proactive Quality Assurance backed up by systematic Quality Control. You will work in strong cooperation with, FS, BE, HW Development, Cybersecurity, Energy Management System Operations as well as Product Management. You will derive test strategies and test plans from the product specifications.
- System Engineer with M.Sc. or experienced B.Sc. Electronics, Computer Science, Automation or Information Technology
- Successful track record, with at least 5 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance of Distributed Systems
- Knowledge in Test Management and Test Automation through all levels: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Requirement Acceptance
- Knowledge in developing, building, and maintaining hybrid (hardware/software) testing landscapes and staging environments
- Fundamental knowledge in communication systems, e.g. Power Line Communication, 3G, IoT
- Deep understanding in writing test plans and automate their execution
- Eagerness to analyse field data, find root-causes, abstract the troubleshooting process (e.g. failure tree diagram) and transfer your acquired knowledge back to the organization
- Experience using various statistical and quality methodologies such as: Statistical Process Control (SPC), Statistical Quality Control (SQC), 8D, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R), and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Basic understanding of BE, Embedded and FS Software Architecture
- SQL query know-how a must, Python programming a plus
- Strong ability to analyse time series and log-files.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory, German, Italian or French an advantage
- Organized and systematic work approach
- Valid working permit in EU or CH