Product Designer Role with Notes
Product Manager – self-serve tools – marketable and monitozable products – growing need for product designer – Product in the market that isn’t so user friendly – VP – 3 working together to bring product to market – champion design – working closely with all developers – bit of both existing product maximisation – Auditing – what already exists – Designer working with Development Sprints – Ideation with Architect – “Development"
Vancouver, Calgary, or Remote
Full-time, remote within Canada, optionally in-person in Calgary or Vancouver.
PureWeb is looking for a talented Product Designer to elevate our portfolio of product offerings.
Are you passionate about UX and design? Are you motivated by the idea of designing products that people love to use? Then you might be a great fit for our team!
Reporting to the Product Manager for PureWeb Reality, the Product Designer will be indispensable in establishing UX and design practices across the Product Development organization.
Working closely with our Product Management and Software Development teams at every stage of the design process, your motivation to learn about our users and the problems they are trying to solve will drive the direction of how we ideate, prototype, and test our solutions. Your design proficiency will serve as the foundation of our ResolutionMD and PureWeb Reality product roadmaps for years to come.
The ideal candidate will be versatile, display natural leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new design problems across the Product Development organization. We are looking for critical thinkers who are self-motivated with an awareness of the holistic performance of the team, and possess excellent judgment when faced with challenges.
What You’ll Be Working On
As a Product Designer, you will be working to foster the user experience vision of our ResolutionMD mobile visualization platform for healthcare professionals, and PureWeb Reality, a real-time interactive cloud streaming platform for interactive content creators. Embracing the challenge of designing for an ever-growing user base with diverse and technical needs, you will ensure that our users’ experiences are intuitive and joyful.
- Provide user experience and product design guidance to all facets of our products including: web clients, product landing site, documentation, as well as developer and administrative tools
- Introduce, develop, and ensure best design practices, processes, and communicate quality expectations organizationally
- Mentor members of the development team to integrate UX and design principles within their own workflows
- Leverage your experience in UX design and testing practices throughout the design, prototyping, implementation, and review phases of Product Development to ensure our products provide the optimal experience for our users
- Work with Product Management throughout the design process to ensure the design of product workflows, features and behaviors are correctly captured and prioritized on product backlogs.
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end-to-end customer journeys
- 2+ years of industry experience in product design, UX design or research, visual design or research –
Haven’t seen Enterprise User Experience – Do not need experience in gaming as they are not building game files – ideally experience with cloud (AWS) system
Ideally Already worked on a UX Team – already had dedicated UX –
Empathy – Decision Making with Conviction – Communicator – Leadership –
Next Step – Senior – or Director -
- User-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply research insights into design and development of the product experience in the creation of design prototypes, mockups, highly polished wireframes and other communication artifacts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to energize teams and advocate for your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated success employing mature judgment in handling challenging situations and prioritization
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related area, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in current industry standard design tools
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum software development environment
- Awareness of frontend software development tools and technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS and Git an asset. – DO not have to write code ever – high-fidelity wireframes – work with development team –
Collaborative – voice of vision - really own that – collaborative in the vision –
Support PureWeb – Career Path – one and only person in team – Agile Scrum – also – because large technical team – autonomy – customer side – if like that – if jump on wireframe – Pave their own way – as well as Business Strategy – not a whole team -
Interview Process – 1st Stage – Amy – Julie Resume – chance to ask question
2nd – assignment – favourite product –
3rd – Technical, Amy, Chris, and Kevin Viggers
Candidate Pool – 1 in assignment stage – one other to technical interview – just posted on Indeed – 80 responses -
We’re unleashing interactive 3D applications to any device, anywhere in the world. When we started doing this fifteen years ago, we were laser focused on healthcare and helping doctors securely share 3D medical images.
We’ve since expanded our scope to other industries, like automotive, manufacturing, AEC, and more, but we’re incredibly grateful for where we started. Serving the healthcare industry fused important traits into our company’s DNA: respect for high quality 3D graphics, a commitment to data security, and a focus on creating a globally reliable and accessible streaming service.
The result is a rigorously tried and tested distribution platform designed to help companies across industries collaborate, publish, and engage global audiences with their interactive 3D applications. We’re entering a new stage of enterprise streaming technology, where realistic, immersive, and interactive experiences will take center stage - in e-commerce, in online learning, in customer support, and beyond.
The worlds of high-fidelity 3D graphics and cloud computing are colliding, and we’re building the tools to help today’s creators and innovators make the most of it.
Why You’ll Love it Here:
- Be a key influencer and driver in bringing to market ground-breaking technology that’s at the forefront of deploying interactive streaming experiences to the browser
- Fast-paced, performance-driven culture
If this Product Designer role sounds like you, please apply with your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter/message to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Product Designer in the subject line.
Thursday Afternoon – Friday Morning – NOT 3-4 Thursday afternoon – 11.30am-12pm
7am is the earliest – 7am /
$70k - $90k