Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion
The company is a leading operator of acute care devices and hospitals. Their remit is extensive as they operate 100 hospitals in 16 states with approximately 15,000 licensed beds. Based on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in inpatient and outpatient settings.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to drive inclusive cultures and values for all of our staff and for patients and communities who interact with them.
The Vice President-Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for advancing and evolving the Diversity & Inclusion vision, strategy and initiatives to shape and sustain an inclusive and equitable culture as a member of our leadership team.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Create and execute overall diversity and inclusion strategy and road map including training, education, engagement and program development.
- Partner with leadership and Human Resources teams, to develop comprehensive EDI strategy aligned with long-term strategic objectives.
- Leverage resources, insight, know-how, relationships and data to ensure involvement, support and success for initiatives.
- Designing and build brand with a focus on attracting and maintaining a diverse employee population.
- Promote commitment to EDI in business processes and programs, including hiring, development, retention, promotions, compensation, customer-focused initiatives, supplier diversity, and community relations efforts.
- Develop and promote educational programs and identify external partnerships & resources.
- Able to prioritize multiple initiatives based on business objectives, manage a budget and drive initiatives to completion.
- BA/BS degree. Master’s preferred. Five to ten years of diversity and inclusion leadership within a healthcare setting.
- Experience designing, implementing and sustaining key company initiatives in a complex organization.
- Capable of directly advising and influencing the Board of Directors and senior leadership on D&I.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a large, complex multi-state organization and demonstrated ability to influence in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
- Proven leadership in strategic planning, program design, execution and sustainability.