VP Research & Development
Position: VP Research & Development
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Reports to: CEO
The Vice President, Research & Development, is a key member of Management Team and operate out of the Company’s Istanbul Site. Oversee projects related to product research and the development of new and existing products. Work closely with other functional departments to develop and execute an extremely well-thought-out, comprehensive plan to effectively meet the Company’s objectives for current and future products under development.
The VP of R&D is accountable for organizing and conducting ideation activities to generate disruptive innovations and new product development that will build demand and market share and selects the appropriate ideation processes and tools, leads cross-functional teams.
Moderate travel required.
Your work will focus on:
- Assure detailed plans, budgets and outline specific steps necessary for successful commercialization with agreed-upon dates and resources needed to complete each milestone.
- Plans, prepares and conducts the appropriate insight collection and ideation activities.
- Advance the engineering & scientific talent, attract and retain the very highest caliber of research and development engineers.
- Provide technical leadership and vision by interpreting regulatory mandates, instill discipline and process to the product development effortin order to provide timely completion of milestones, ensure compliance, assign appropriate resources, and remain within budget, while also fostering innovation and teamwork throughout the company.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure design, verification and validation of each product and its components are appropriate for approval and manufacturing.
- Maintain Occlutech design control, change control and risk management processes to facilitate diligence in the engineering process and compliance to industry expectations.
- Collaborate closely with all functional areas necessary to aggressively advance products from proof of-concept through validation and product launch, including Regulatory, Quality, Clinical & Marketing
- Communicate an engaging product development mission to the entire team, to inspire proactive attention to this critical area within Occlutech.
- Work closely with management to effectively identify new intellectual property (IP) initiatives and translate those into new products and/or procedures.
- Proven experience of successfully directing the efforts of diverse technical teams located in multiple sites is required
- He/She must be an effective team builder and problem solver, exhibiting a collaborative management style and the ability to bring out the best in people through example.
- Strong technical and business mind; he/she should be able to visualize future strategy while also outlining and driving tactics to complete the milestones to successfully execute that strategy.
- He/She should be comfortable leading the execution of all aspects of research and product development including prioritization of projects, and the design, verification and validation of disposables, as well as capital equipment and software.
- General knowledge of ISO 13485, MDSAP & 21 CFR 820 quality system and work experience with nitinol or other shape-memory materials a plus.
- He/She must be an excellent communicator who radiates compassion, integrity and loyalty to the company and its respective customers, partners, shareholders, and employees.
- Strong analytical skills and an advanced technical degree are required (preferably M.Sc. degree in biomedical, or mechanical engineering)
- Minimum of 10 years of broad R&D experience with proven experience in the medical device industry of leading R&D organizations through continuous advancements in product development.
- Fluency in written and spoke English a must