Running a team of field sales professionals can be challenging, this doubles when it comes to managing a team across different countries.
It needs to be brought into the interview process so there is mutual understanding.
It must be part of your interview process, below is a few points to think about getting right when it comes to managing internationally.
• Different national holidays
• Taking August off
• Address someone formally in Switzerland
• Style of work – i.e. lunches in Spain
• Time zone
• Assessing activity
• Sharing of date
• Simply, does it work and does it aim in saving or earning business.
• Do they have the talent or is it an effort issue, if you agree on minimums it sets the foundation.
Face to face
• Make the effort and spend time with them, guide and coach situationally.
• Very easy to use technology to support and solve issues at a moment’s notice
• Agree times to catch up.
• There must be an agreed level of trust.
• Without this, either you or someone else should find a new job or company!!!