This a great opportunity for an Engineering professional to join an established Medical Device company enjoying a new era of rapid development with an extensive new product pipeline. You will be playing a key role at the forefront; leading and growing a manufacturing team of engineers and microbiologists. Your experience in Process Engineering, New product introduction and management of supplier relationships and performance will be fundamental.
The company provide a collaborative and open door culture to senior management so the opportunity to grow and shape your team is huge as well as shaping your own development and influence.
The position is focused on bringing the new products through including developing assembly process, control plans and associated jigs and fixtures. However, the majority of the work with new products is to ensure suppliers have capable, validated processes.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Benefits: Comprehensive range of corporate benefits
- To lead the Manufacturing Engineering department in introducing new products and developing the existing portfolio.
- Particular focus on working with injection moulded components to support existing products and NPI.
- Leading supplier development initiatives to deliver products and processes with less variability through robust engineering.
- Provide Leadership within the department and to suppliers to deliver new products on time in full to budget and to improve current products (quality and cost)
- Drive supplier development in terms of improved quality and reduced costs
- To Validate/Verify existing or changing products and processes
- Improve mould tooling life expectancy, reduce costly tooling breakdown
- Lead initiatives with QA & QC to improve measurement techniques, data collection and analysis to reduce product & process variability
- Identify and implement improvements to manufacturing processes to improve productivity & profitability
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience with injection moulded parts and associated tooling and machinery
- Application of lean manufacturing techniques
- Adhered to international quality standards, preferably medical devices ISO13485
- Mould tool design experience desirable
- Shop floor moulding problem solving with 3rdparties using tools such as 8D desirable
- Experience within Medical Devices or similar desirable
If this career opportunity sounds like the one for you do not hesitate! APPLY NOW!
For questions regarding this role please call James Powell: 02038000509.
Projectus Consulting are a leading Medical Device Recruitment Consultancy. We're a niche business who provide a highly specialist service to both employers and candidates in the Medical Technology Sector.
We are dedicated to finding the right opportunity for you.