This key leadership position is responsible for developing and implementing the Company's global commercial strategy. The Commercial Director provides the commercial strategy vision, directs and leads the commercial team to deliver short- and long-term objectives, and develops and executes annual and multi-year plans for the Company. The Commercial Director will create and execute the roadmap to achieve international expansion of the Company's existing and new products, with a primary focus on distributor acquisition and management.
- Sets the commercial strategy, including developing short- and long-term business plans and managing the sales budget and performance.
- Develops and implements the strategic commercial plan, understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying large international commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Drives the Company's territorial expansion and executes detailed plans to expand the Company's global presence.
- Maintains and develops commercial partner networks, with the aim of increasing sales volumes of existing products and expanding product lines.
- Prepares commercial proposals for new business opportunities involving the acquisition of new commercial partners.
- Negotiates and finalizes distribution contracts in line with Company objectives.
- Ensures effective control of commercial results by utilizing Key Performance Indicators, and takes any necessary action to ensure the achievement of commercial objectives.
- Collaborates with internal departments to optimize regulatory, technical, and logistical elements involved in the launch and commercialization of products globally.
- Develops and recommends product positioning and pricing strategies to maximize the commercial value of the Company's product portfolio.
- Together with senior management, actively participates in the decision-making process that directly affects the profitability of the business.
- Manages the commercial department's operating budget.
- Motivates and develops team members, ensuring that they achieve performance goals and liaise effectively with other functions across the business.
Support for relocation will be provided, if applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, marketing, business administration, or sales management.
- A master's degree in business administration is preferred.
- 10 years of solid and successful commercial experience, with a track record in building a sustainable commercial structure.
- 5 years' experience in international sales and marketing in the medical device and/or pharma fields (experience in the orthopedics or regenerative medicine fields is desired).
- Excellent command of the English language is required in order to interface with an international customer base.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent project management and time management abilities.
- Aptitude to prepare complex and accurate business plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Ability to develop strategic, profitable, and collaborative relationships and alliances with customers.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, dedicated, and efficient.
Possibility of extension for the contract
SHORTLIST DEADLINE 22/09/2016